As your company searches for new ways to boost productivity and increase sales, it’s important to be aware of the ways your plans can be thwarted. It turns out your everyday work habits may actually be standing in the way of your success.
By now, if you’re following our advice and begun to take notice of our rallying call to action, things should be improving…but if you’re not, I just wanted to turn things on their head a bit, and take a light-hearted look at sure fire ways to make sure you continue to avoid success!
It may turn out that your everyday work habits may actually be standing in the way of your success. If you want to know how to kill your productivity read on and do these seven things:
1. Check your email every two minutes – this is the BEST way to get distracted by the unimportant ‘noise’ of life – research shows 90% of them are a waste of time (obviously not this one!)
2. Keep your desk cluttered – just to make sure it takes time to find things – also known to cause stress
3. Be as un-ergonomical as possible – a cheap chair and poor stature will help your body to ache and feel fatigued
4. Make sure to multi-task – it really keeps your blood pressure up, and makes your focus nice and diluted
5. Set reminders for absolutely everything – a great distraction from the task in hand. Also helps with the feeling of being overwhelmed
6. Allow others to bug you. An open door policy is just a great way to make sure you remain as unproductive as possible as people drop in with trivial news and requests
7. Create an impossibly long to-do list. To make sure you remain stressed all day, set yourself the impossible and the unachievable.
Its simple – as we keep saying at GOOD2GREAT – “Do less, better”
http://www.good-2-great.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/6051.jpg1000652Gem Bridgeshttp://www.good-2-great.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/good-2-great-logo-header-2.pngGem Bridges2016-12-19 13:56:012016-12-19 13:56:47Seven easy ways to destroy productivity